Feb 20, 2012

Multimedia Monday: She's All That and DOA: Dead or Alive

A high school jock makes a bet that he can turn an unattractive girl into the school's prom queen.
I first watched this long ago when my sister bought the VCD - yes, that long ago - and I remember getting so hooked I watched it a couple times more days after. The story's really cute, Rachael Leigh Cook's really cute, and Freddie Prinze Jr.'s really cute. And it got me listening to Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer for months. Seriously.


The movie adaptation of the best selling video game series Dead or Alive.
I love action movies wherein they use their bodies (hands, feet, etc.) to fight. I love it more if there's swords involved. And even better if it's girls who do the ass-kicking. So to mix all that? Genius. And I love the variety of characters in this movie. Actually, I love the kinds of the characters. Pro-wrestlers, master thieves, and ninjas. Need I say more? I didn't think so. Now excuse me while I re-watch Charlie's Angels.

(photos linked to sources; summaries from IMDb)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D