Sep 25, 2012

Book Review: The Vincent Boys - Abbi Glines

 Title: The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys #1) - Abbi Glines
Release Date: October 12th 2011
Publisher: Self-published
Pages: 464 (ebook)
There was something wicked about Beau that drew me to him. What was wrong with me? Why did I want to sin so badly?
Ashton is getting tired of being good, of impressing her parents and playing ideal girlfriend to Sawyer Vincent. Sawyer is perfect, a regular Prince Charming, but when he leaves town for the summer, it’s his cousin Beau who catches Ashton’s eye. Beau is the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, and even though he’s dangerous, Ashton is drawn to him.
Beau loves his cousin like a brother, so the last thing he wants to do is make a move on Sawyer’s girl. Ashton is off-limits, absolutely. That’s why he does his best to keep his distance, even though he’s been in love with her forever. When Ashton wants to rekindle their childhood friendship in Sawyer’s absence, Beau knows he should say no.
Ashton and Beau don’t want to hurt Sawyer. But the more they try to stay away from each other, the more intense their urges become. It’s getting way too hard to resist....
THE COVER  
I love the colors, even that green which I usually hate. My only problem with this cover is that I don't see any connection to the story.

THE STORY
The storyline's kind of cliche, actually, but I just have a thing for bad boys as main characters. The pacing was okay, too. 

I don't find Glines' books spectacular or anything, but I can't stop myself from reading them because they're stories I want to read. I guess the story does beat out the writing.

THE CHARACTERS
It's really a struggle to read a book when you dislike the main character so much, and, man, did I hate Ashton with a burning passion. She should've broken up with Sawyer a long time ago. Heck, she shouldn't even have gotten into a relationship with him. And she had the nerves to hate him when he didn't save her from the bullying? Wow.

The only characters I liked were the Vincent boys - I don't know whom I loved more! - and Ashton's cousin.

MY FAVORITE PART was the ending. Nicely done.

RATING: 3/5
(photo and summary from Goodreads.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D