Nov 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday {6}: The Friday Society

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, where we post about much-awaited releases!

Title: The Friday Society
Author: Adrienne Kress
Release Date: December 6th 2012
Publisher: Dial
An action-packed tale of gowns, guys, guns – and the heroines who use them all. 
Set in turn of the century London, The Friday Society follows the stories of three very intelligent and talented young women, all of whom are assistants to powerful men: Cora, lab assistant; Michiko, Japanese fight assistant; and Nellie, magician's assistant. The three young women's lives become inexorably intertwined after a chance meeting at a ball that ends with the discovery of a murdered mystery man. 
It's up to these three, in their own charming but bold way, to solve the murder – and the crimes they believe may be connected to it – without calling too much attention to themselves. 
Set in the past but with a modern irreverent flare, this Steampunk whodunit introduces three unforgettable and very ladylike – well, relatively ladylike – heroines poised for more dangerous adventures.
I just requested this over at NetGalley; hope I'll get approved! What can I say, I love girls who kick ass, and the cover definitely promises that ♥

14 comments:

  1. I love that the covers reflects each girl and the diversity the book seems to include. That's awesome. And this book sounds fab. I hope you get accepted too and enjoy the novel!

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blurb sounds so good! It looks like it's going to be action-packed. Will definitely add this to my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for this book to come out! I have had it on my TBR List for months!

    New follower too :)

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good. I love me a good steakpunk! Thanks for sharing. Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww man, steampunk with badass female characters? This sounds awesome. I'd seen the cool cover before but never read the blurb. This is going on my list now :)

    Oh and you got yourself a new follower ;)

    Debby @ Snuggly Oranges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good read. Hope you get approved to read it. Feel free to come by and check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to this too! I had it as my own WoW a few weeks back and an very excited for it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, sounds badass! I hope it's as epic as it looks! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this one quite a bit lately! I'm not a huge fan of the cover but the book does sound interesting. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome choice! I like the cover quite a bit. It's really different and super catchy! I'd request it on NetGalley if I wasn't already drowning under a pile of TBR books!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds good. Great pick!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh! Definitely waiting on this one as well! The chicks sound so kick-ass :D I requested it from Netgalley as well, hope we both get approved :D Thanks for sharing! Here's my WoW pick this week.

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  13. HECK YES. I need this book. WANT THIS BOOK SO BAD!!!!! It sounds kick-ass and the cover is GORG. FAbulous pick.
    Stop by MY WOW?
    <3 Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds fab. The cover is great too. Win-Win in my book.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D