Nov 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday {8}: Tempestuous

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, where bloggers post about much-awaited releases!
Title: Tempestuous: A Modern-Day Spin on Shakespeare's The Tempest (Twisted Lit #1)
Author: Kim Askew & Amy Helmes
Release Date: December 18th 2012
Publisher: Merit Press
Recently banished, unfairly, by the school’s popular crowd, former “it girl,” Miranda Prospero, finds herself in a brave new world: holding dominion amongst a rag-tag crew of geeks and misfits where she works at the Hot-Dog Kabob in the food court of her local mall. When the worst winter storm of the season causes mall workers and last-minute shoppers to be snowed-in for the night, Miranda seizes the opportunity to get revenge against the catty clique behind her social exile. With help from her delightfully dweeby coworker, Ariel, and a sullen loner named Caleb who works at the mall’s nearby gaming and magic shop, Miranda uses charm and trickery to set things to right during this spirited take on Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
Stories about revenge always intrigue me - probably because I've never had a reason for it - as do classic retellings. Now, a classic retelling about revenge? You don't know how stoked I am to read Tempestuous! I got accepted for an eARC at NetGalley so I'll be reading this some time near the release date
(photo and summary from Goodreads.com)

7 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to get this as an arc. I really hope it turns out to be as good as I think it's going to be. Good choice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good spin on Shakespeare and I've been eying this one. Great pick :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did? How did you apply for an eARC? :)

    Am currently trying to get into classic novels and this, as a spin, sounds awesome!

    Thanks for dropping by my WoW , Kazhy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Never heard of this one. Sounds great, though! I may be requesting it, I think. Although I do have so many books to read, and so little time ^^
    Great choice! I hope you enjoy your read :)
    New follower!

    Check out my WoW

    Rachel @ Books to Consider

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Shakespeare retellings. This sounds like a great twist. Thanks for sharing. Please stop by my WoW. I'm a new follower.

    Thanks!

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love retellings of fairy tales especially, but a retelling of Shakespeare would be quite interesting too. I'd have to refresh my memory on the Tempest though. Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D