May 21, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday {1}

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we post our top tens of anything bookish. This is my first time joining this meme; I've been meaning to for months, and this week's topic, "top ten fave covers of books I've read", was hard to resist!

(in no particular order)
 
Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) - Tahereh Mafi
I'm so happy with the cover redesign for this series, although I can't help but wonder if we would have gotten to see Adam and Warner in the next covers if not for it...
The Selection (The Selection #1) - Kiera Cass
I love the dress. I love the color. I love the typography. Enough said.
The Sweetest Dark (The Sweetest Dark #1) - Shana Abe
I sometimes get tunnel vision so I didn't notice the smokey part of the cover until I'd finished reading the book, lol.
Indigo Awakening (The Hunted #1) - Jordan Dane
For me, red and blue seldom work well together, but my oh my, is this good. I also love how the dog kind of mixes with "indigo". 
 
Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) - Veronica Rossi
I love this shade of blue, and having Perry on the cover doesn't hurt, either.
Nobody But Us - Kristin Halbrook
I often dislike neon colors, but I really like how the blue strikes out from the overall pink of this cover.
I have a thing for shiny, glowing orbs, so yeah.

Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn #1) - Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
I like how the typography doesn't overpower the cover models' photo (they're perfect for the characters, BTW) but can still easily be read.
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush #1) - Becca Fitzpatrick
Patch falling from heaven? Yes, please.
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson
I love how the cover photo fits the roadtrip aspect of the story so well, and also the typography is just gorgeous!

14 comments:

  1. I really really love the Unravel Me cover- i'm so glad that they redesigned the Shatter Me cover to match it! The cover for Nobody But Us was the reason why I read the book (shallow, I know -hides-) and it was a bit disappointing because cover > story. Great picks!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not even think of A shimmer of Angels, it has a beautiful cover! The Elite made my list today!
    Our TTT

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cover choices! These are all so beautiful! :)
    Stacy Renee @ LazyDayLiterature

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list!! Love the cover for Burn for Burn, The Selection, :D.
    Old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/05/top-ten-tuesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I've never heard of THE SWEETEST DARK, but I love that cover. So pretty and mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome list! I had The Selection, Hush Hush and Unravel Me on my list too. And, Under the Never Sky would definitely have made my honorable mention list!

    Here's my TTT --> Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful covers!
    I love The Selection, Through the Ever Night & Hush Hush, the covers are gorgeous!
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the colors for A Shimmer of Angels. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was very tempted to include Through the Ever Night on my list, mmmm Perry!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice of covers, I would have picked quite a few if only I'd read them!

    My Top 10 Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unravel Me!!! One of my all-time favorite covers!! I also love the cover for Hush Hush! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Nobody But Us cover. I haven't read it yet, but the cover definitely drew me to it and I'm excited to read it (soon...hopefully!).

    Great list!

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great List!! A few of your choices almost made it on my list.
    Check Out my Top Ten :)http://booknerdrambling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the covers for Burn for Burn and The Selection. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D