Jan 11, 2014

(2/2) In Which I Shall Read All the Books.

(Part 1 is here.) So. I haven't been very good with the saving up I mentioned in my previous post because I'm meeting Gayle Forman next Saturday and I need all of her books so I've been buying like crazy omg. But I have them all now, so I can formally commence with the plan! Once I stop spending on food instead lol.

I won What's Left of Me from a giveaway and I remember being pretty ecstatic about it, but then it went to sit in a pile and never left. The mixed reviews I've seen certainly haven't helped, either. Fury, on the other hand, was an impulse buy during one of the old days when I couldn't leave the bookstore without buying anything. Such a pretty cover, right? I think I've had Torment for more than a year now. I really enjoyed Fallen when I re-read it, and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it even more when I read it again. Or maybe not. Twenty Boy Summer: another impulse buy. But I've been in the mood for contemp lately so I think I'll get to that soon. I got Sweep back when I knew how to be a cheapskate and bought nothing but omnibus editions. This shall be my first Cate Tiernan book, I swear.

The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight I have because I got the uber gorgeous box set; The Iron Legends was from my sister; The Lost Prince I won from a giveaway; and The Iron Traitor I got from NetGalley. I should read these soon before I forget what happened in the first two books. I ain't got no time for a re-read. (And I could barely stand Book One!Meghan.)

Witches of East End was another rare cheap find for me. Along with Frozen, I got it signed by Melissa de la Cruz, which should be motivation enough to read them, right? Well, my procrastination knows no bounds. Fire with Fire isn't something I'll get to sometime soon because I have to re-read the first book. Not that I'm complaining. Icons is also signed, but I don't think I've seen even one positive review for it? Eeek. And lastly, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I got this signed by Ransom but it's in paperback and there's a sequel and he's coming back so I'm gonna buy it again but in hardcover. Yeah, I don't see my piggy bank fattening up any time soon.

And that's it! I read more than 140 books last year but getting to these books somehow seem daunting. Silly, I know. I shall be back with a report by the end of the year! ;D

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't really a fan of the Iron Fey series, because of the love triangle. I do, however, want to read, MPHfPC! I love it when books have photograph, it really adds something to the story.

    Btw, 140+ books is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe of your determination! Setting up a personal goal is definitely something I need to work on so I'm just trying to do little read-a-thons to help me get used to it. This year I need to start socializing more so I'm trying to join them lol

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so post away! <3

Also, I appreciate the thought but this is now an award- and tag-free zone :D